The proposal 
Phil  proposed  to  Nina  while  the  couple  were on holiday in Mexico. “One evening, just before we were going  out  for  dinner,  he  told  me  that  my  outfit  was  missing  something,  and  presented me  with  a beautiful ring,” Nina says. “I was very surprised, although with hindsight, I realised he’d been rather jittery every time I went near his hand luggage!” she laughs. 

The bride’s outfit 
Nina looked ravishing in her Ellis Bridals fishtail dress from Shropshire County Brides. “I only tried on five dresses,  but  as  soon  as  I  put  it  on,  I  knew  it  was  right – just the  style  I  was  looking for,  and  very comfortable,” says Nina. Her Rainbow Club shoes from John Lewis were an obvious choice, too. “I loved them  as  soon  as  I  saw  them,  and  when  I  realised  that  the  style  was called  Nina,  I  just  had  to  have them!” Nina laughs. 

The groom’s outfit 
Helicopter  pilot  Phil  turned  heads  in  his  RAF  uniform,  wearing  his  formal  No  1  uniform during  the ceremony, and changing into his No 5 mess dress uniform for the evening reception. 

The bridesmaids 
Nina asked her sister Catherine, friend Elle and sister-in-law Sarah to be her bridesmaids for the big day. Nina  turned  to  the  high  street  for  their  outfits  with  stunning  slate  grey  knee-length dresses  from  the bridal department in Phase Eight, and super elegant shoes from Next. 

The ceremony 
Ludlow Castle was the spectacular scene of Nina and Phil’s civil ceremony. The couple chose classical pieces by Handel and Elgar for their entrance, exit and signing of the registers. “It was amazing to see all our loved ones in one place, celebrating with us,” says Nina. 

The reception 
Nina and Phil travelled to their reception venue – a marquee in the grounds of Miller Farm – in a vintage Alfa Romeo. “Our theme was vintage floral, with candelabra decorated with meadow flowers from Flowers by Lou,” Nina explains. The couple also incorporated references to Phil’s Air Force career, including personalised paper aeroplanes from Confetti as favours for their male guests. “The paper aeroplane favours kept the guys amused for hours!” laughs Nina. 

The cake 
“It was a three-tier vanilla sponge cake with slate grey icing and various shades of coral flowers trailing down it, bought from Nettys of Shropshire,” says Nina. 

The honeymoon 
Nina and Phil’s Mauritius honeymoon included many once-in-a-lifetime moments, including walking with lions and a catamaran trip.



Source : Wedding Ideas Magazine, 18th May 2014 

Categories:

One Response so far.

  1. XO Bali says:

    This story is a prove that elegant Wedding dress can be match with formal uniform also…. What do you think?

Leave a Reply