Sam and Lewis held a Mad Hatter's Tea Party celebration, with dashes of beautiful vintage flair


Sam, 32, a sales executive at Wedding magazine, and Lewis, 31, a graphic designer  married at St Mary's Church in Kersey, Suffolk, and held their reception at The Venue, Kersey Mill.

The atmosphere...

We  wanted  our  summer  wedding  to  be  filled  with  fun.  From  the  moment  I  started  working at Wedding magazine, every real wedding I looked  at seemed to have vintage details  -  it was clearly the way forward!

Vintage  allows  for  so  many  beautiful  trends  and  colours,  which  totally  fitted  our  plans to have  a  Mad Hatter's Tea Party (with a twist) as our theme for the day. I've always loved going   for afternoon tea, so decided this would all work together perfectly.

The look...

I chose the 'Lady Mary' dress by Naomi Neoh  -  it was the perfect dress for me, from the fit and style to the cut and fabric. I couldn't have chosen better! It's so true   about knowing when you find The One; my search for the dress felt like it took forever until I discovered Naomi Neoh. As soon as I found that dress, I didn't even look anymore.

I picked miniature pale pink germini with a white gypsophilia  collar for my bouquet, and also added part of  my  wedding  dress  around  the  stems. My  Chief  Bridesmaid  held  pink  gypsophilia  and my  flower  girls held wands with pink gyp entwined around the stalk.
The  groomsmen  all  wore  miniature  pale  pink  germini  buttonholes,  although  Lewis's  also  had a  bit  of white gypsophilia to match my flowers.

The details...

Lewis  put  together  the  decorations  for  the  venue  and  it  was  just  perfect.  In  keeping  with  the  Mad Hatter's  Tea  Party  theme  -  and  after  months  and  months  of  scouring  charity  shops  -  we  collected  over fifty tea cups, plates, teapots, sugar bowls and other items of crockery. We basically wanted to create the perfect outdoors tea party, indoors. We used things like eucalyptus and log slices to decorate tables, and for centrepieces we arranged hessian sacks with log slices and teapots.

As favours, we gave our guests playing cards with keys attached.

My favourite moment...

Giving out our gifts and listening to the speeches - it got every emotional!

Categories:

One Response so far.

  1. XO Bali says:

    Enjoy every moment and don't stress out - you'll be so busy enjoying yourself on the day you won't even notice if something goes wrong!

Leave a Reply