The Proposal… 
Valentines  Day 2012 at Harvest, North Fremantle.  It was very cozy and I think we had lots of onlookers!

Wedding Theme… 
We now live in Perth, but  knew we wanted our wedding in the Margaret River region as we both have that personal  connection.  We  wanted  an  outdoor  civil  ceremony  with  lots  of  colour,  I  wanted  to wear shoes  (!)  so  a  beach  wedding  was  out,  and  so  we  choose  a garden  ceremony  under  the  ancient Peppermint Trees.  I also wanted venues that were all in close proximity, including accommodation.  We wanted  a  compromise  between  formal  and  casual  as  we  wanted  it  to  be  relaxed,  intimate  and  a little chic.

Reception Venue… 
Winery

The Dress… 
For  me  the  hardest  part  about  wedding  preparations  was  finding  The  Dress.  We  are  quite  limited in Western  Australia,  I  visited  some  of  the  bridal  boutiques  several  times  and  eventually  narrowed down what  suited  me,  came  pretty  close but still couldn’t find The One.  I  was  going  to  commission custom couture, however I came across a beautiful Jim Hjelm gown on a wedding blog and decided that was my dress.  I had it sent over from California, US, and it was perfect.  I barely had to alter it.  Before I started dress shopping I’d already chosen my shoes, champagne mary jane Jimmy Choos.

Flowers… 
My  bridemaid’s  aunty  Carmen  Breidahl  did  an  amazing  job  and  went  above  and  beyond  my expectations.  I wanted bright flowers, and chose peonies, David Austin roses and orchids.  The bouquets
ere all unique, as were the groomsmen’s pinholes.  The “alter” flowers she did on the beam of the pavilion were stunning.

Reception Decorations… 
I visited swap meets for months to collect mismatched vintage crystal vases and candleabras which were used at the ceremony and reception. I had 4 long tables with lace table runners, tissue poms and fairy lights. Living Roses transported standard roses from Perth to decorate both the reception and ceremony venues and they were absolutely beautiful.  I hired a large gold mirror and had names written on it as my seating plan.

On the Menu… 
Canapes  were  on  the  deck:  oysters  with  mango  salsa,  goats  cheese  tarts,  venison  chorizo,  crab
guacamole
Entre: Salmon cerviche or poached chicken salad
Main: Angus fillet or confit duck
Desert: Pannacotta or sticky date pudding

Wedding Favour… 
Guests took away a boxed up piece of wedding cake

Memories… 

  • Thunder in the background during our ceremony and vows 
  • When guests applauded at the end of the wedding our gorgeous golden retriever Marley let out one “woof” in excitement 
  • Neither of us can dance, so we had lessons and practiced for weeks.  On the day we got it right! 
  • We signed someone elses wedding certificate! At the reception Kate Lamont had to explain to us there had been a mistake and we had to resign our paperwork.  It was priceless! 
Wedding Soundtrack… 
London Grammar, Coldplay, Daniel Beddingfield, Pete Murray, Avicii, The Cat Empire, Ben Harper, Bryan
Adams

Wedding Photography… 
We chose Ben Yew based on his talent for capturing shared moments, landscapes and light.  I spent ages researching.  I  work  in  PR  and  its  really  important  to  me  to  have  beautiful  photos  that  capture  the
moment perfectly. They are candid and simply stunning

Honeymoon… 
SALA Samui at Koh Samui Thailand.

Now… 
We are currently living in Perth and working with an architect for a massive renovation of our house.  We
need more space for a family hopefully one day!

Photography Ben  Yew Ceremony  Venue Yallingup  Garden  Art  Studio Reception Venue Lamont’s 
Winery Bride’s Dress Jim  Hjelm Bridesmaid  Dresses Lisa  Ho Groom  +  Groomsmen Suits Tony Barlow Flowers Carmen Breidahl  Styling Aisle Style Wedding Cake Natalie Muzinich



Source : Modern Wedding Magazine 

Categories:

One Response so far.

  1. XO Bali says:

    Every bits of Wedding parts, always remain as great moments. Therefore, well preparation and planning, are required. Creative ideas and hands of a Wedding planner, would be a great assistance for you.

Leave a Reply