A tradition that me and my now fiancé have is to go ice-skating every winter, right before Christmas. Last year, the rink we wanted to go to was closed because of rain. So this year we decided to go back.

Rice Park is in St. Paul, Minneapolis, and is a beautiful spot to go skating, with lots of Christmas lights around the rink and walking paths leading to decorated trees. It was the night of December 20th
when we decided to go for our annual skate. I was so excited for our date night! We got to the rink and began skating...
After about five minutes of skating, one of my favorite songs came on: Marry You by Bruno Mars. I knew then that this would be the moment, the best moment of my life. My fiancé said 'isn't this your favorite song?', while pulling me close to him. He went down on one knee and told me tha t I am his best friend, the love of his life, and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

As he was shaking, he pulled out the ring. He suddenly dropped the box (with the ring in it) on the ice rink. It didn't matter, because he pulled it right back up, and I said, 'yes, of course!'

His hands still shaking, he placed the ring on my finger. He stood up, looking so happy and said, 'Whoops, I fumbled the ring.' I thought it was hilarious. I was so ecstatic!

After the proposal we walked around the romantic paths and took pictures by the gorgeous lights. It was the best night of my life that I will never forget!

Categories:

One Response so far.

  1. XO Bali says:

    It is always nice to read various proposal stories. It also makes us look back to our own, proposal

Leave a Reply